Tuesday 3 May 2011

Let's Go Egg-less!

It's been more than a week since I last updated my blog. Have been kind of busy, and have been over-indulging in not so healthy food so I didn't feel like updating. Would have made me feel guilty. I'm back in my 'healthy food' mode now!

Oh, I was at Cold Storage Solaris yesterday and I was so excited when I came upon a new product. This product comes in a box and apparently is a substitute for eggs. It's from a brand called Orgran. So you people who have cholesterol problem, you should be excited as me to know that there is an 'egg replacer'. It's also nut free, soy free, gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, yeast free...so suitable for vegans too! So, if it's 'almost all-free', what can it be made of? It says on the box that ingredients are potato starch, tapioca flour, calcium carbonate, citric acid, vegetable gum. So how is it that all these can = eggs? Well, I don't know. And I have yet to try it. I did buy one box which I hope to test this weekend. Will let you know the outcome when I do.


For those of you who still prefer to use eggs, you can get some egg tips from Old Wives' Cooking Tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment