Tuesday 12 April 2011

I won't call myself a health freak. I just love to eat, eat, eat! And that's a well-known fact. Nothing makes me more excited than food does. My dream job is to be a host of a food programme, something like 'Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan' (a 'food tasting' programme on TV3 station ). I always think it's wonderful to be paid to eat. How i envy those hosts!

I never had any 'taboo' when it comes to food (except of course for 'non-halal' food as I am a Muslim). But when my mum was diagnosed with cancer, I went through some kind of transformation. I had to take charge of my mum's diet, so I did a thorough research on anti-cancer and cancer fighting food and realised that there's a whole lot of food that cancer patients couldn't eat.

My whole kitchen was soon transformed into a healthy food hub. I did away with all the food that is said to be detrimental to cancer patients like sugar, salt, rice, flour and processed foods as well as red meat. These were replaced with the healthier molasses, sea salt, brown rice, grains, legumes, organic foodstuff etc.Being a food lover, I had to make sure that I didn't have to compromise the taste of food just because I have started using healthy or organic ingredients. I created my own recipes and proved that healthy food does not have to be boring or bland.

I am also happy that this new diet has helped me shed 7kgs within 2 months! My mum has recovered from cancer, alhamdulillah (Praise to God) and we still continue this healthy eating practice most of the time. This blog is just to share my healthy recipes, health tips and anything that promotes wellness and holistic healthy living. Hope my blog can be of some benefit to you. :)